• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Sunday, March 19, 2017

work work work

 Today we were supposed to meet again. Due to personal complications, we had to change it to tomorrow. Instead, today I decided to research a bit more about editing techniques.  When we are switching between news reporters, we are going to have to edit in a ton of jump cuts. I am the actual worst at editing. Hearing that I have to figure out how to make all the news people sound good while switching between them sounds super hard to me. I started going from website to website trying to find all the best techniques to make my life a bit easier and less stressful. I learned that you are trying to make it seem like the first person transformed into the other people. In order to do that, you must make sure all of the people are in the exact same position. They all need to be facing the camera. If they are facing somewhere else, it will make it seem like they are talking to one another. That would not be good for our film because the news people have nothing to do with each other, they are just telling the same story.
     Next, I started to research about green screens. I was trying to figure out how we could edit our scene without using one since none of us have one. In this process, i learned that the term green screen also refers to a computer terminal. It actually has a lot to do with coding! So this was perfect. Anyways, back to editing. Can you edit without a green screen? This answer is, to my surprise, yes! I found a video on youtube that showed me exactly how to do it. So you outline what you want to keep in the picture. Basically your cutting out all of the irrelevant parts of the video. Which in our case would be the grey wall we used. You then press the smooth button that makes your picture less pixelated around the parts you cut out. You then can add your own background. Not needing to use green screen is going to make it so much easier to make our video.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/green-screen

http://www.lavideofilmmaker.com/filmmaking/film-editing-tips.html

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/editing/transition/jump-cut.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB_RYT2ZRQM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

12 Street West Victoria 1234 Australia

Phone number

+(12) 3456 789

Website

www.johnsmith.com